Monday 23 March 2015

Comic Con 2015: Day of the Nerd


  So it was that time of year again where every Geek, Nerd, Otaku and Weeaboo comes together to dress up, wait in long queue, take pictures, meet new people and of course buy awesome merchandise. 

  This was my third time going to Comic Con and it was just as good as the first two times, once again donned a costume and join the many hundreds that attended the event as my all time favourite comic book character The Crow (and I totally got into character).


  Like usual with every Comic Con all of the pictures that were took told a story, the picture below features the traditional queue, it wouldn't have been a true Comic Con if you didn't have to wait half an hour to get in.


  After the long wait me and good nerd friends finally paid the toll and entered the hall of wonder, to see endless stall of merchandise consisting of comic book, manga, games, clothing, bags, figurines and other random stuff. 


  As I looked around the stalls and debated what I would buy, I met the most excited Trekky at comic con who asked for my picture.


 Then there was this guy who came out of know where, but I didn't mind because he was a fan of The Crow (but I forgot to take off my glasses for this picture, whoops). 


  This lady was the first person who agreed with me that the new Crow movie coming out is a good thing, and she even said my crow costume was best one there, so win win. 


  This cool guy dressed as Green Hornet actually got to meet the Author of the Crow comic James O'Barr and told me some awesome stories about him and what kind of person he was. 


  This radical dude was my friend Samin Islam who I met last year at Comic Con, he's major Otaku and the first thing he asked me was where the Hentai stall was located (what a legend).


  As I traversed the huge hall of stalls I had to get a picture with this awesome female Captain Ukitake cosplay, she even got the bankai swords right (it was shame her boyfriend was to the left of me).


   At Comic Con there were plenty of Yuno Gasai cosplays but this girl's was the closest to the actual anime Future Dairy, so it was must to get a picture. 


  If you find two of the Avengers, you just have to get picture with them it what Comic Con is all about plus I wanted one of the shields. 


  Lets all be honest The Crow versus The Joker would be awesome, and that simply why I just had to get a picture with the romance of madness.



  I had to get a picture with this impressive Kill La Kill cosplay, simply because how she got Senketsu's eye right on the Kamui outfit. 


Rorschach was there, I wasn't getting a picture with him, he was getting picture with me (bad joke I know). 


  I'll be honest I still don't know what anime her cosplay was from but it looked so badass I had to get picture anyway. 


  The most awesome Starship Trooper outfit ever. Would you like to know more? 


  I am a huge fan of the Fallout game franchise, so when I saw these two guys in their awesome post-apocalyptic gear a picture was needed. 


  Every year at Comic Con, there is always that one anime you see being cosplayed the most. Last year it was Attack on Titan and this year it was Tokyo Ghoul, there were many people in different variants but this pair stood out to me the most, and plus I think The Crow would fit in really well in Tokyo Ghoul. 

  Once again another year passes and for one day nerds all around the world can come together be a little crazy, wear costumes and be accepted for it. The beauty of Comic Con is that no matter where you are from or what you do, you be yourself and meet new people that will probably become your future friends, also you can buy tone of awesome shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment